At Boydell and Brewer we offer a number of books ideal for course adoption across a range of subject areas. Our books can be adopted in the following ways: inspection copies, examination copies and desk copies. You can also ask your library about collective licensing options for class materials. Please read the information below carefully before requesting your preferred texts from either the American or UK office.
Ebooks are available free of charge as desk copies or as exam/inspection copies by university teachers. Please complete this form to submit your request for a digital copy.
Before deciding on which eBook format is right for you (ePUB or ePDF) you should be aware of the following:
- The ePUB format will mean you get a reading experience optimised for smartphones and tablets. That means no annoying left and right scrolling, text can be resized to suit your preference and the reading experience is also re-flowable. Though our ePUBs are just as fine on a laptop or desktop (Windows or Mac).
- The ePDF format will work fine on a laptop or desktop (Windows or Mac) but not so well on a smartphone or tablet as images will not automatically resize to fit the screen. This means (particularly on a smartphone) that you will have to scroll left and right to be able to see/read all the text – not ideal.
- The ePUB format will mean you will need to download the Bookshelf app. This is quick and easy and you will only need to do once.
- The ePDF format will mean you will need to download appropriate e-reading software. This is quick and easy to do, and once you have done it once you will not need to do it again.
- PLEASE NOTE: ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS is not the same as ADOBE READER. You need the former if you want to view our ePDFs because they are encrypted. This encryption prevents the reader from illegally sharing or reselling the ebook, and it also means ePDFs cannot now be read (like un-encrypted ePDFs) using Adobe Reader.
Paperback titles are available free of charge as desk copies or as exam/inspection copies.
NB: Limit 3 titles per request; shipping & handling fees still apply. Rights restrictions still apply: click here for details.
If a paperback is not available, you may purchase a hardcover at a 50% discount, plus a shipping & handling fee per book.
NORTH & SOUTH AMERICA
Desk and Exam copy requests must be pre-paid via check, money order, or credit card, and be accompanied by this completed form. Please return by fax or mail; do not email credit card information. Alternatively, you may email the form to [email protected] and call the telephone number below to provide your credit card number.
1950 Lawrence Road
Havertown, PA 19083
UNITED KINGDOM, EUROPE AND REST OF THE WORLD
Please submit your desk or inspection copy request to [email protected], and provide us with your name, shipping address, telephone and email, course name and season, expected enrolment and your supplier of textbooks.
You may fax or post your request to the attention of the Sales & Marketing Department to:
Boydell & Brewer Ltd
Sales & Marketing Department
Bridge Farm Business Park
Martlesham IP12 4RB