Assistant Production Editor
Boydell & Brewer is an independent academic publishing company selling high-quality books to a global market. The UK office is based in Woodbridge, Suffolk. We are an Employee-Owned company.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to start a career in publishing, with full training provided. We are looking for an Assistant Production Editor to work in our Pre-Press and Production department. The salary on offer is £20,000 per annum. In addition to that, the role qualifies for an annual profit share dividend which is payable as part of our employee-owned status.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with all stages of a title from final manuscript submission through to press ready
- Utilising an XML Workflow in the publication process
- Preparing print and eBook files using InDesign
- Managing the relationship with authors while their book is in Pre-Press
- Liaising with freelance workers
- General admin
The successful candidate will have:
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- First class organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a high level of tact and professionalism
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take on responsibility
- High level of accuracy with precise attention to detail
- A good honours degree (or equivalent)
- General office experience
- Previous publishing experience
- Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
Boydell & Brewer is an advocate for greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the scholarly press community. Individuals from groups under-represented in academic publishing are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email a copy of your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to [email protected]. The closing date for applications is 16 November 2022.